Well, it came as a shock to us here at Book Theory Test Today, but shortly before closing the Driving Standards Agency (DSA) revealed that 46 per cent of first time theory test candidates fail.
Here at Book Theory Test Today we understand the importance of preparation, but is lack of preparation the only factor behind such low first time pass rates? In order to find out Book Theory Test Today carried out some research to establish whether there were any specific theory test questions that proved troublesome for theory test candidates.
Book Theory Test Today research uncovered the following results:
We were able to establish that 40% of learner motorists were unable to answer 8 specific questions correctly on their theory test.
- Should your car have unbalanced wheels, what can this cause?
- You collide with another vehicle in motion. Someone is injured and your vehicle is damaged. What four pieces of information should you obtain?
- Where would reflective amber studs be located on a motorway?
- You have broken down on a motorway. When using an emergency roadside telephone what information will the operator ask you for?
- How can you identify areas reserved for trams?
- When are you permitted to drive or park in cycle lane marked by a solid white line?
- Name three scenarios where you may overtake another vehicle on the left?
- Youâ€™re involved in a road traffic accident. What documents will the police request from you?
In a statement from the DSA, prior to closing, they said: â€œUnfortunately, this data represents a terrible first time pass rate. We can only advise that first time theory test candidates review questions that they know prove to be more difficult for them personally. Itâ€™s important to continually test yourself until you are certain that you have grasped the correct answer.â€
However, itâ€™s not just standard questions that prove troublesome for theory test candidates. Road signs are also notorious for tripping up test takers. Just 40% of learner motorists were able to correctly identify road signs presented to them when taking their theory test.
Failed Your Theory Test?
If you had booked your test with Book Theory Test Today you would have been entitled to a retest absolutely FREE, a service not offered by the official Government website. Furthermore, we would be able to give you access to a number of excellent theory test learning resources to help you overcome those troublesome test questions.
Book your theory test online with us today and if youâ€™re unsuccessful a second time, your third attempt will be paid for by usâ€¦
Book Theory Test Today offers an intermediary service assisting clients with booking a UK theory test, or practical test, at test centres across the nation. The service also supplies resources to help you prepare for your theory test â€“ Ready to take your theory test? Book your theory test online today…